Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Canas, Guanacaste, Costa Rica 8.5.14

Dear Home, Family, Friends, 
So I know it's weird for me to write on Tuesday,but we had a Zone Activity to go to the Zoo today. It was super cool. I sent an email with as many pictures as could work. Hope you enjoy them. 
So Elder Rivera and I have been working hard. In the last two weeks, we have started teaching 40 new investigators. The only problem is that a lot of them either are beginning to drop us, or refuse to keep the commitments. The commitments are the door to repentance and a testimony about this Church. If they aren't keeping them, they aren't progressing. It's really hard pleading with your whole soul, "Just read the book!" and to hear the reply, "I just dont want to" They don't understand what they are missing.
We come home every night feeling exhausted. We literally are working with all our heart, might, mind and strength. We are doing everything we can to help them make the right decisions. But as always, they have their agency. I love this area.
Elder Rivera is super cool. He loves to listen to Josh Groban and Christmas music. Luckily he has about 20 Christmas songs that are sung by Josh Groban. We have been preparing for Christmas early this year. His birthday is coming up this Friday. He has 25 years and plans on marrying his Missionary girlfriend next June. She is serving in Paraguay.
It's great to hear from home that everything is going great. Break a leg for Barnum! And of course you found a great find mom. It's like your sixth sense. Remember when I was little and you'd tell me to go get something? I could never find it but you could walk right in and find it in two seconds. Its not that I wasn't trying. It's that you have super powers.
Speaking of super powers, my companion and I were finding super powers in the scriptures. Heres a quick list that I can remember.
1. Samson has super strength
2. Nephi shoots lighting at his brothers
3. Jesus walked through people and on water
4. Nephi teleports 
5. Samuel the Lamanite is unshootable
6. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego are fire proof
and many others that we found.
Obviously these aren't super powers but are the manifestations of Gods power amongst His chosen servants. Likewise, we, meaning all mankind, can be strengthened to any situations we are placed in do to the Atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ and our own personal worthiness. 
Well, there you are for this week. Love ya guys.

Siga Adelante,

Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment