Thursday, September 4, 2014

Canas, Guanacaste, Costa Rica 9.1.14

Ok Gang,
I got some cool stuff this week. 
My whole district had baptisms this week so we were all pretty happy. Hermanas de Union had one and the Hermanas de Cañas Unidas had one. We had 3! Incredible! The Lord is preparing His children. We also had a Noche de Talentos or Talent Night. Elder Rivera and I performed "Let It Be" by the Beatles with a less active named Yafeth. Through praticing with him and visits, his whole family minus his dad came to sacrament meeting. We performed and people loved it. Yafeth felt great. The best part was they cheered for an encore and Yafeth and I sang "Wake Me Up" by Avici. I felt great singing in front of people again. I hope you get audio from the video clips. 
We baptized that woman named Nubia. She's super happy because she was baptized on the 2 year anniversary of her son's baptism. He is currently serving in Guatamala. The other 2 were the sons of Marco and Sobeida named Eduardo and Fransico. Eduardo has a pet monkey named Cleopatra. I got a couple photos with her. 
All is well here. We are beginning to change our aproach to the work. Instead of finding on our own a lot, we are now encouraged to reactivate less active family and then have them bring us to there friends to reactive and baptize. The goal before this change was to have 20 progressing investigators. With the change the goal is now 40-50 progressing investigators! If the Lord thinks we can do it, thats good enough for us. So we are on our way to 50. 
The work goes good and I hope youre all not missing me too much. 
Two funny things that are beginning to happen as well. When my hair is short I like to spike it up in the front. But my hair is now too long to spike in the front so I try to do the formal combed to the side thing that mom did with my hair when I was little. In my attempts to recreate that, my district has now nicknamed me Elder Bednar. If the video goes through you'll hear Hermana Chatwin and Garcia call me by Elder Bednar. The other funny thing is that i am continueing to testify and talk about mission work in my sleep. My companion said I woke him up to testify last night at 1 in the morning and continued teaching until 2 before he asked who I was talking to. I apparently said "To nadie" and fell asleep. I speak Spanglish in my sleep! haha.
Love you all and I'm praying for you guys. Have a great week,

Siga Adelante,
-Elder Bednar

No comments:

Post a Comment