Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Puerto Viejo, Heredia, Costa Rica 12.16.14

Hello again,

Well, this week has been crazy. I have some good news! I have been assigned to be a District Leader in the Zone of Atlantica. This is the best zone on Earth and we need to keep working hard. I have big shoes to fill. I'm doing my best and we are just gonna keep moving forward. 
This week was also a little tough. We had three people ready to be baptized but night after night, one by one, they began falling through. One of them had a little doubt about being baptized, So he talked with the fellowshipping family about it. Now the family is saying to him, "Don't be baptized" and won't let us talk to him. WWWWHHHAAAATTTT?  Super frustrating, but what can you do? 
Another is named Luis. The only thing that is preventing him from baptism is times in church. If he didn't come Sunday his baptismal date would have fallen. We did everything that was in our power. The Saturday before we said we could come get him in the morning. He said ok. We asked his wife if she would like to come too. "I cant because we are leaving for Heredia to see our new grandchild for the first time! Did Luis not tell you...?" WWHHHAATTT? You gotta be kidding me. So he now has a baptismal date for the 3rd of January.
The last one doesn't want to leave drinking tea and coffee. We said if he doesn't leave it, he can't be baptized. "Fine then. I don't want to be baptized..:" WWWHHHAATTTT? Oh bother.
SO great things have been happening and baddish things have been happening. But we love a new love for the people and we are working hard. We know the Lord is preparing others for us. Just gotta go out and find 'em. 
Anyways, I love you all. We are going to be able to Skype on the 25th. This Sunday we are going to talk to our Group Leader who have offered us dinner and their internet :) Next week I will finish the planning of what hours. I don't remember the account name. Sorry!

Sigamos Adelante,
-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment