Thursday, September 3, 2015

Perez Zeledon, Cartago, Costa Rica 8.31.15

Dear Family, 

Numbres, I was sitting there on the bus when it hit me. Megan is having a baby right! Haha I was waiting for the photo but looks like I'm just a few hours too soon. We have been praying hard that youll be physically ok with the birth and that Oliver we come with great health. So excited to see him next week!
Today was suppose to be changes. They never did end up calling so it looks like 7.5 months in Perez Zeledon. But then we received word that changes will be on Wednesday, so we still don't know. Looks like we will have to see. 
This week has been a very humbling and rewarding week. Although for the last change we haven't had a single investigator come to church, i feel like this has been one of the most successful weeks personally. 
I found that my prayers for the last little bit have been without faith. They have been very routine without a l...
Wait a second. Elder Jackman just received a call from the zone leaders. haha i have changes. I have to be in the office on Wednesday morning. We dont know where i am headed off to. President wants to look us in the face and select by revelation where we will go and with what companion. Sounds pretty cool. 
Anyways with my faithless prayers....
...ot of vain repititons. I would ask for very general blessings and without much effort. So this week I decided to repent. Oh what joy cometh to the soul! Repentance is the smartest thing you can do. I grabbed the Ezra Taft Benson book and I read the Pray Always section. I read a bunch and decided that I needed more faith. As we went home, I kinda just collapsed to my knees and prayed name for name for those whom I love. What a beautiful experience I had Since then I feel like I have been searching for more opportunities to pray one on one with Father in Heaven. He truly does listen and answer every heartfelt prayer. 
This week we found another 21 investigators. They show a lot of promise and we are going to work hard to bring them to church. My companion will be training here in Perez and im off to who knows where. 
Anyways, that been my week. Lots of cool things to be looking forward to here as we get changed, have a baby, and keep moving forward. Sigamos Adelante, 

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment