Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Perez Zeledon, Cartago, Costa Rica 8.24.15

Dear Family, 
It's all good. Haha I know that only the most dire of circumstances would prevent a letter. No se preocupe. 
This week we had a pretty cool experience. We had a video conference with President Nelson of the Quorum of the Twelve. What a blessing! It was cool because we heard from 2 of the mission presidents in Honduras, President Duncan of the Area Presidency, Elder Cordon of the Area Seventy, and President Nelson. What really stood out to me is the difference of how they talk about Heavenly Father in their own words. In General Conference, they kinda have to follow the talks they write for the translators. But in the meeting they all had the "freedom of speech" 
Elder Nelson told us of an awesome experience. But, "the Spirit stoppeth mine utterance and i cannot write more" I think I'll save this story for when I'm back. 
It was really nice to have had that conference. 
Yesterday we meet the husband of one of our investigators. Thats always an interesting experience because we don't know how he'll interpret our meetings or if he'll accept us. Luckily, he did accept us. We feel that they have been prepared. They have lots of questions. We learned in the conference that we don't preach about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon enough. Usually we only say, "We believe that the Lord continues to call His servants in our time" and really dont expand on that. Yesterday i was more specific. "We believe that the Lord continues to call His servants in our time, first beginning with the Prophet Joseph Smith" This immediately grabbed their attention. We invited them to read and to pray. I felt like it peaked their curiosity a lot. 
I love my mission! Such great experiences. I've been in Perez for about 6 months now. And my mission president sent me a message that gives me a feeling that I'll have changes next week. "Get your area ready to hand off to someone else" I think I've got one more area in me :'( 

Sigamos Adelante, 

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment