Sunday, February 2, 2014

Called to Serve

Another little brother has his call and is ready to serve the Lord with all of his might, mind, and strength. In his time leading up to turning in his papers, we have had some great conversations. I have seen Satan work on him, like he would on any eager missionary, and I have seen him take those times of self-doubt and turn completely to his Savior. He is such a good example to me of scripture study and using their counsel to guide advice. He also never hesitates to share his testimony, small or big. I am loving the person he is becoming because of his efforts to be all that he can be. I know he is a great example to all those around him and that was made very apparent by everyone that showed up for his mission call opening. Family, friends, and old mentors were there to share in this milestone. Mom had us all put on guesses in. None of us guessed it.


Costa Rica, San Jose Mission, Spanish speaking. He leaves January 22 to preach the word of God and I couldn't be more thrilled. He has worked hard for this and the elation that was in his eyes as he held his call was one of accomplishment.

Caden, yes, I am tearing up as I am writing this because I feel such an overwhelming amount of love for you. I have loved the "alone" times that we have had, where the Spirit has been so strong. I am so unbelievably excited for you and for this experience. It is only 3 months away. It will feel like an eternity to you but it will be a short time for the rest of us. I am going to cherish the heck out of you. I am going to get my fill of you before the people in Costa Rica get you for two years. You will do amazing things over there. Things you may see the fruits of and things you may not. But your sacrifice will send blessings unconditionally. Go get 'em Shooter Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment