Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Turriabla, Cartago, Costa Rica 12.7.15

Dear Family,

Well I got some good news and I got bad news. The Good news is that the couple that was going to be sealed, are still going to be sealed. The bad news is that it will be sometime in January. The husband has been a member all his life. But the branch secretary didnt register that he was ordained an Elder. Therefore they did not meet the qualifications for sealing on Saturday. But all is well. They will be getting sealed sure enough.
Today we had a cool zone activity. We went to an old folks home and cleaned a little. I felt very accomplished because I took time to sit down and get to know some of the residents. Their stories are pretty cool. I think I learned more Costa Rican history today than all of my mission put together haha. At the end of the cleaning, we found a little guitar in the back. One elder fixed it up a little bit. When he was finished, I started strumming what I could and it worked out pretty well. The head of the center heard me playing and singing and decided that it would be cool for us to go sing for the center. So the Zone Leaders said, we need you to play The First Noel, Angels We Have Heard on High, and Silent Night on the guitar. I said ok and I actually was able to play the guitar for a performance for two of the three songs and it gave the zone pitch to sound good. Silent Night was a fiasco haha
But it is going great. We have one baptism planned for the 19th and a lot of activities until the 30th. We are just moving forward. But its coming to a close pretty quick. It's already the 7th! Crazy how quick it goes by.

Sigamos Adelante,

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment