Monday, November 30, 2015

Turriabla, Cartago, Costa Rica 11.30.15

Dear Family, 

Well this week was a little stressful. A bunch of members came up to me and asked what my thoughts were about World War 3, to which I replied, ''I sure hope that it doesn't ever happen. I don't know why?'' Apparently they have forgotten that I am not in the circle of news. This was completely new to me. If someone could inform me about this, that would be great. Because a couple of the members were also asking me, ''What does 'The Draft' mean?'' Let's just say that made me a bit nervous. So a little update on that might put my mind at ease on that subject. 
It's great to hear that everything is going well with Grandma. I hope that things continue to get better. 
Last night we were informed that Elder Godoy has transfers which mean that I will be meeting my last companion on Wednesday. This is Elder Godoys first time getting transferred in the mission so he is a little anxious. He has served here in Turrialba for 10 months. That's a long time. But he will be a great companion. I am gonna miss him. 
This Saturday I will be going to the temple to seal another family from Sarapiqui. There's a big group will be coming as well from the branch. I feel deeply blessed that I have been able to see all of my past areas before I leave. I have seen them in Stake Conferences and in the temple. I get to say a few goodbyes at the very least. I am also glad that on the 21st we will have our Christmas Dinner so I will be able to see the rest of my missionary buds. 
Our Ward Mission Leader also taught us a new way to work with the members that was incredibly effective. We brought a couple of people to church and they were fellowshipped flawlessly. We are very excited because there is one sister here that is preparing to be baptized on the 19th. Please keep her in your prayers that she can have the way prepared and blessed. Her name is Flor. 
I loved the videos of Oliver laughing. You look good Megan. I love seeing how happy you are with that kid. He looks like a lot of fun. 
Anyways I love you all and I hope that Thanksgiving was good. I had a blast. 

Sigamos Adelante, 
-Elder Neider

I asked Elder Neider some questions and these are his answers
Yes I got the package. 
Anything special? Not really. I have lived long enough with just my own clothes and scriptures that I can't remember anything that I used to do before my mission that was worth the time. Maybe a soccer ball. I am going to be pretty easy this year haha. Surprise me :)
I have been trying some acne stuff here but still nothing has really been helping. I think we are just fighting with a law of nature at this point. I am doomed.... doomed..... doomed! But it is worth a shot maybe. Nothing too expensive though.
Garment size.... The writing on the tags have long since been erased due to two years of washing haha so I don't know. Whatever you have been sending me for my mission is a great fit though. 
Clothes? Just a good pair of shoes and some jeans. I don't know how much I have grown. The jeans that I am wearing right now are a little tight and they size 32'30. I forgot what the numbers mean. Man writing this part of the letter I feel inadequate to come back to the real world haha.

And food? Christines good punch, Grandmas Tacos, Dads Cheesy Cheeto Eggs, Shrimp Enchiladas, and I don't know if this exists in the States, plantains. Its looks like a big banana. I hope it does!

No comments:

Post a Comment