Monday, November 23, 2015

Turriabla, Cartago, Costa Rica 11.23.15

Dear Family, 

I was actually thinking about Bam Bam this week. About 3 days ago i thought to myself that he is probably getting old and might not remember me when I get back. But if not at least he could be my cuddle bud during some of the movies I'll be watching. Darn. That actually made me a little sad to hear that. But everything will be ok. Maybe we can get a Golden Retriever, Great Dane, or Rott Weiler to feel the void. Just spit balling here of course.
Yesterday we had the first Stake Conference of the Cartago Stake. One of the many blessings of this area is that I tend to see my two old areas frequently. People began to make plans to say goodbye to me seeing as I'm nearing the One Month Left mark. We will be headed to the temple on the 5th of December for a sealing of my converts so ill be able to see the members of Sarapiqui as well before I head off. The only area that I won't be able to say goodbye to is my area of Cañas because it is in the other mission. I have been trying to call my converts there for the past year but I think that they changed cell numbers. I have been trying to find the way to contact them but we will see how it works out. 
The conference was great. All of the messages were great. Haha the new patriarch went a little trigger happy calling the members to repentance with a moving talk about the signs of the times. Haha it was like watching an Evangelist preacher. One of the members leaned over to me and said, "Do you feel like he is laying it on a little thick or is it just me?" haha it was pretty funny.
We are just working here a little bit more in Turrialba. We have found a couple of new families that look like the Spirit has already given them their answers. You can see the it in their eyes the moment that they understand on a deeper level that this is true and is going to bless them. I realized how little we do in the work. We liiterally are here to invite others to accept or reject this message. If they accept they progress. We are here to baptize those that will accept right now. So it's awesome to see who the Lord has prepared for us. 
Anyways I love you all and I'll be seeing you soon. 

Sigamos Adelante, 

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment