Monday, March 10, 2014

Arrival to Costa Rica 3.10.14

Hola from Costa Rica!
I LOVE IT HERE!!!
Where to start?
So we got here last Monday and the President Wilkinson took us outside the Costa Rica San Jose Temple and told us about obedience and hard work. It was fantastic. President Wilkinson is a major Utah Ute fan and we trade of jokes all the time.
Pres. "When Christ comes again, what will He be wearing?"
Me: "Celestial White. Cougar White"
Pres: "And Crimson.Where in the scriptures does it say He will wear Blue?"
Me: "You're right President. Jesus is a Utah Ute. His teaching the Gentiles. Going about His Father's business."
Then I gave him a scripture reference about Christ eating with Publicans and Sinners. "Why do the healthy need a Physician, but they that are sick" Boom!
Before I forget, look up the talk by Elder Bednar called the Character of Christ. It was my last movie in the MTC and has quite possibly changed my life.
We woke up the next day after sleeping in the secretaries apartment and went to the Mission Office where we sat and waited to be interviewed by the President. The bus full of Latinos came in and 20 missionaries from the Guatamala MTC joined us. We arrived at 8:15 in the morning and I was interviewed at 7:20. Elder Miller and I went for occasional walks just to see at little of the city of San Jose.
The next day we all went to the Casa de Presidente where we ate and hung out for a little bit. Eventually we all got our companions and our assigned areas.My companions are Elders Estrada and Gomez. Neither speak much English. It's such a blessing. I'm learning Spanish so quick!
We have been assigned to labor in the area called Cartago. Our house is located in Cocori though. We currently have about 15 investigators, but we keep getting more spontaneously. Next week I will baptize two people. Allison and Rafael. Their Mom is a member and asked us to come over and couple weeks ago. I got here and I love their family. They have 8 kids. The oldest is 22 years, then 18, 17,15,13,8,5, years old and the baby has 4 months. Through talking with Allison and Rafael, Flori (17) wants to take the lessons now.
I have been destroyed by the ants here. When I sleep they come in and bite SO MUCH. i thought it was a good idea to wear my hoodie to prevent them from getting in. NOPE!! It actually prevented them from escaping. I woke up with 40 new bites. They itch like crazy.
At the Casa de Presidente, I got super sunburned tambien. My forehead has been peeling.
I love it here though. We are doing a lot of good here. It's fantastic! I miss home and my friends, but I wouldn't give this up. It's perfect here. My new favorite song is called "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul".
I don't know what else to say. Please continue sending questions. Love you all.
I know that the work of member missionaries is real. The Lord is hastening His work. I heard something that was kinda cool in the MTC. "Maybe the reason the work is being hastened is because their has been enough work done in the temples that our ancestors are screaming across the veil for every member to now go forward and bring their loved ones to the Truth."
If you are reading this I want you to think of someone. Non-member, less active, non active, someone, and find ways to serve them. Invite them to Christ. It's not enough to have the regular missionaries out here by themselves. EVERY MEMBER A MISSIONARY.

Siga Adelante,
Elder Neider

P.S. I receive mail once a month. The address is in My Call Packet. The mission office I think. Also, don't use FedEx. It gets held hostage at the airport. 

No comments:

Post a Comment