Monday, March 31, 2014

Cartago Costa Rica 3.31.14

Hello Everyone,
It's been a hard and long, yet very rewarding week. On Wednesday I became crazy sick. My head felt like it was literally about to explode. It was the worst feeling I have ever experienced. My muscles ache and my voice is gone. But i understand why I experienced that. I've been wanting to understand more about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. As I sat in my bed that night I was pondering to myself. I thought of the Savior and how He suffered for every sin, sickness, hurt feeling, etc. I was impressed in my mind about if I'm just one missionary with a crazy bad headache, what did He feel as He suffered from everything. To me it was a real eye opener on how little we know what the most important event in history. I was about to ask for relief in a prayer but I thought to myself. If the Savior suffered all that without relief I can handle this too. I felt a tender feeling in my heart. I felt that it was prompting to ask anyways. So I did. As the pain was relieved I understood that choosing to not ask for help is like saying, Thank you for suffering for nothing cause i wont use it. Now I'm constantly trying to find ways to use the Atonement more fully in my life. Besides that experience I don't remember that day much.
I have had one baptism named Allison age 13 in Proyecto Manuel de Jesus. The baptism of Marcos fell through because we found a full pack of cigarettes on his bed
The language is becoming easier. I understand a majority of what is being said. But I have noticed that my understanding increases the harder and more focused I am on the work. Here's a trick ladies and gentlemen. When you do what the Lord commands you prosper in the land. HAHA. Go figure. Thanks Nephi.
I started working with members lately. They love me! My companions.... not so much. I'm working hard and we have an exciting week coming up.

Siga Adelante,
Elder Neider


PS Doritos. Yep that's all I can think of right now. I'm sending the SD card home today BTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment