Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Cartago Costa Rica 6.2.14

Hello Family, Friends, Loved Ones, etc
So things in Cartago are very different. My new companion has the "Here let me do it" mentality. So he is constantly taking stuff out of my hands and in lessons he just goes on and on. But through this I'm learning patience amongst other things. I don't understand why I can't have patience right now. Anyways, two sisters also got transferred into this area. Hermana Villanueva and Hermana Guevara. My companions name is Guevara as well. So two Guevaras from El Salvador here in Cartago. Weird right? Oh well it set up for a great joke.
The new bishop wanted all the missionaries to bear their testimonies and introduce themselves. First my comp said my name is Elder Guevara and I'm from El Salvador. After his testimony, Hermana Guevara stood up and said the exact same. I was next and said and my name is Elder Guevara as well. And I'm from El Salvador. Lots of people laughed.
Through Elder Guevara's personality I'm learning patience. I'm also learning to really truly think before I speak. In lessons, he speaks and teaches about 4 principles and shares about 8 scriptures in one turn. So I pray and think really hard about "What is the one thing that I can testify of and really make an impact?" I actually feel that I speak the Spirit a lot more when I do that. I've had some pretty strong spiritual experiences with that.
My camera broke the other day. A freak rain storm hit us and it got wet enough that I can't take pictures. I'm gonna try and figure out how to send it and the SD Cards home. I'll wait for a response before I do it. Not using Ronald this time. Check.
I love my area and we are set to have around 6 baptisms this month. I made a promise with Heavenly Father that if I'm exactly obedient, and hard as hard as I can, that He´ll help me to fulfill that goal of 6 this month. I feel like we have two for sure this month. It'll be a test of faith for the other 4. I know He can do it though.
I love my Heavenly Father with all my heart. My view of the world and of life has changed here. I was thinking about it, and if any of you know me, I like superheroes. I was thinking about that the other day. How we live in a world where people don't have powers. We are just ordinary people. And then I was reading my scriptures and watching a video about Doctrine & Covenants 84. "The Powers of Heaven are inseparably connected with the Rights of the Priesthood". I testify that we live in a world of miracles, revelations, and mighty works. The power of authority of God is here on the Earth and we are chosen representatives of that privilege. Through the priesthood all things are possible. The veil is a lot thinner than we think. There have been times where I almost feel as if a can physically remove the curtain from before me and see the angels working here. But, that isn't expedient for me to do that. So I press on in faith. I know that one day I will see the face of my Savior with my family and watch my converts, companions, and friends enter into into His presence. I love you all and this is a humble part of my testimony and hope, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Siga Adelante,

Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment