Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Puerto Viejo, Heredia, Costa Rica 1.20.15

Dear Family,

WHERE DID THE TIME GO? Holy Hannah. One year already. I'm completing one year this week. How quickly it's passed by. I gotta get to work before I'm out of time :P 
Well this week has been pretty interesting. We received a new Zone Leader this week. He is from Colombia. Elder Saavedra. He is super cool and he is ready to help each of us reach our potential. In the District, things are going great. I'm still getting the hang of being a leader. I feel like the Lord is trying to teach me something. In every single area we have the same problem. There is a person ready for baptism but they simply aren't making the choice of baptism. I have no idea what to do. Elder Saavedra gave some council to me that I think might help. If there is disobedience or contention in the District, the Lord will stop the success of the work to teach us how to forget ourselves and go to work. He can only bless us according to our faith. So if our actions aren't in conformity with what we pray for, he can't/won't bless us. I'm going to try to help the sisters the best I can. Wish me luck!
We have lots of people that our ready for baptism. One of our investigators is named Modesta and everytime we talk with her she asks when she can be baptized. It's awesome. Sadly I and the other missionaries think I will have transfers at the beginning of of February. I don't think I'll have the chance to see her and her fiancee get married and baptized. But I'm going to work my hardest to help them prepare. I love this people! 
It's great to hear that the funeral service went well. I thought it sounded very nicely done. Hermana Wilkinson hasn't said anything to me. I don't have much contact with President or his wife much. 
I love the Lord and His Atonement. I have learned so much about the Enabling Power of the Atonement lately and I have felt it influence my life. I love this Gospel.
In other news, I finished reading The Book of Mormon in Spanish for the first time. Let me tell ya, regardless of the language, that book is true. Hahaha. I know that the Book of Mormon is true with all my heart. I add my testimony along with President Monson when he said,"If you havent read The Book of Mormon yet.....READ IT!" It is the Word of God that leads us to the Savior and Our Heavenly Father. I love this!
I love you all and I hope that everything is alright at home. I'm doing my best to not think of home and getting to work. Thank you for all your prayers and love. 

Sigamos Adelante,
-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment