Friday, January 16, 2015

Puerto Viejo, Heredia, Costa Rica 1.13.15

Dear Peeps,
This week was one of the hardest weeks I have been out on my mission without a doubt. As a District leader, I get to see moment for moment progress on baptisms. Well.... we started off the month with 7 for baptisms and now we are fighting for 2 that might happen. It's been frustrating. But we are doing better little by little. I feel desires to do better all the time. I thank everyone for their prayers and letters. We did have a lot of success though on Sunday. 7 investigators in the chapel and an attendance of 45. That was incredible to see!
It made me a little sad to hear about Aunt Rosie. But I know that she's moving on to great things. I like the one of the first Russian converts to become mission presidents. Elder Nelson called her up to the microphone at a Stake Dedication. Her husband had recently passed away after they were released from serving as mission presidents I think. He said that she bore a powerful testimony of covenants. She said, "We are still mission companions. Him on that side and I on this side of the veil" It is a great talk and a powerful testimony of the reality of covenants. I know that Aunt Rosie is a virtuous woman and that they are keeping their covenants. Haha I found the spanish version of Uncle Mikes talk in a Liahona this last week. 
I love my mission even though that it's the hardest thing I've ever done. The Lord is the Gardener here and he knows what he wants me to become. Just gotta hold on tight and keep moving forward.
Sigamos Adelante,

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment