Thursday, January 8, 2015

Puerto Viejo, Heredia, Costa Rica 1.6.15

Good New Year Everybody,
Well this week went pretty good. I have a funny experience with a man from Alabama. He was a Baptist preacher who turned Methodist who turned Menonite. Now he is establishing Evangelist churches in the jungle. Man pick a team why don't ya? Anyways, we were walking down the street on PDay and I heard his accent saying, "Can ya speak English?" I say "Well a hoot an' a haller, ya I can Beuford!". Well in my smart-alik mind I said that. But he began speaking to me and I simply asked if he lived here. He told me little of himself before he began speaking of the church. "I know you teach that you can all become Gods" Yep. "You teach that Christ and Satan were brothers" Yep. "Brigham Young had 50 wives" Something like that. "You have a mother figure like Mary that you worship" Nope. "Brigham Young wrote your doctrine" Not even close. "you believe that Adam is Heavenly Father" Ok we are done here. haha. I simply explained to him that he could read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it was true. He said he would think about it. He then went on to ask me questions to see if I was a good person or not by using questions that it didn't matter which way I answered I was in the wrong. "Have you ever looked on a woman with lust in your eye?" Like what sir? "Have you ever checked a woman out before?" Yes of course. "Good because if you said no, it means your a homosexual. Now you are just an adulterer in your heart." 
What a great experience! 
Other than that it was a pretty normal  week. I hope you enjoy the photos this week! 
Sigamos Adelante,
-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment