Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Perez Zeledon, Cartago, Costa Rica 5.25.15

Dear Family,

So good to see the Drama Banquet was a success. Congrats with the Stewie Award. What a cool gift that you guys got Wilcock and Shelley. I bet they loved it. 
This week has been pretty weird I'll admit. Things were going great. Giving service, teaching good, you know, the usual. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, popped up 6 companionships of Jehovah's Witnesses. It was like a plague that struck us in the core center of our area. Once again, we are back to square one with finding. The work goes on. 
The status with become a ward. I had an interview with President Wilkenson last Monday. I walked in like the normal interview that it was. We talked for awhile about the normal stuff, (how are you?,your companion?, your area?,have any questions for me?) but then he changed the subject. Elder, I want to show you something. He turned his computer around and showed me how I can help this branch become a ward. 
We have been working hard to clean up the ward registry because their is a great difference between active members to inactive. Many have simply moved or have passed away so they are reflecting bad on the branches progress. Once we clean it up good we will have helped out a lot. President is trying to put this new ward into place to create another stake here. I'm trying to fulfill my part of the load. It's stressful but good :)
We also spoke with a lot of members about how they came into the gospel. One of the newest members to move in told us of how as a teenager she couldn't ever get into reading the Book of Mormon. She found a Jehovah's Witness Bible that had pictures in it that she really liked. She said one day she was sitting on her bed with both books. She said she began to pray to ask which book would help her to come unto Him more. She said that after finishing the prayer, she reached for the JW bible because she liked it more. As soon as she touched it, she said it burned or shocked her. She obviously dropped that book. She wondered what had just happened. She looked at the Book of Mormon and said that she felt full of joy and peace when she touch it. 
The Church is true, the Book is Blue. (Go Cougars)
I know that this church is true and that we are all in this school of life to learn to put on perfection like our Father. He loves us so much. He gives us these trials not to punish us, but to teach us and help us grow. 
I love you all lots and I hope that this week treats ya good.

Sigamos Adelante,

-Elder Neider

No comments:

Post a Comment